O'NEALS IN STRASBOURG - STILL THERE???

Apr 30th, 2001, 09:18 AM
William

O'NEALS IN STRASBOURG - STILL THERE???

It has been about 5 years since I was last in Strasbourg, France. There was a wonderful micro-brewery called O'Neals there just off the main square that served excellent beers and also had good tarte flambes. Their special beer was a white beer, available only in limited quantities. Does anyone know if O'Neals still exists? I can not find any web site for it and it is not mentioned on any of the Strasbourg pages. Just curious more than anything else. The same company that owned this one also had a location in Paris under another name, but I can not recall that name.

Thanks for any info.

Apr 30th, 2001, 09:23 AM
StCirq

I don't know anything about this micro-brewery, but it occurs to me that O'NEALs is not the most common spelling of that name, so perhaps you're not finding it on the web because of the spelling. Could it be O'Neil's?

Apr 30th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Curt

StCirq, I think you may be right. There is an O'Neils in Paris and I believe that this is the "parent" of the one in Strasbourg. I also think the one in Strasbourg might be called something different, with O'Neils as a "subtitle"...I remember it well because we went there several times for tarte flambe and (hopefully) white beer, which they seldom had enough of. Sadly though, I can not recall what the actual name was. I do know it was owned out of Paris, so the O'Neils in Paris is probably the owner. Can anyone help us with this one? Would be nice to know.

Apr 30th, 2001, 11:26 AM
WIlliam

any info yet?

Apr 30th, 2001, 11:49 AM
William

please help me I need to know now

Apr 30th, 2001, 12:01 PM
StCirq

I did a Google serach for O'Neils Strasbourg and it came back with a lot of sites relating to breweries in France. O'Neils was listed as being in Paris, no listing for Strasbourg that I found. But if you need to know right now, why don't you do a search yourself? I happen to have a lot of other things to finish up at work right now. Try www.google.com and www.dogpile.com.

Apr 30th, 2001, 03:00 PM
Christina

I believe you are referring to Les Brasseurs (AKA Trois Brasseurs) at 22 rue des Veaux. It is listed in the Rough Guide, and is a microbrewery and serves tartes flambees and its beer is served by O'Neils (although I don't know if it's the same owner). It's in the French phone book as "Brasserie Les Brasseurs". You can see a picture of it and description in French at http://www.lycos.fr/webguides/sortir...g/article.html

Apr 30th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Christina

sorry that was a typo in the URL, the fourth part should be "soirees" obviously. The phone book I am referring to is for Strasbourg, France Telecom.

May 1st, 2001, 05:48 AM
William

Yes, thank you, this is it. This is the place I was thinking of. It is a wonderful bar with really good tarte flambes and great on-site brewed beers. Ah, I spend many a wonderful night here eating and drinking, drinking, drinking while in Strasbourg, which is one of the most wonderful cities in France. Ah, I love Strasbourg, I love this bar, I love the hotel Regents Contade, I love the cathedral of Strasbourg, I love the people, I love the rivers, I love Petit France, I love it all. Oh God how I love it, I long for it, I need it, I want it, please make me go back to Strasbourg, make me stay there for months and months. Feed me tarte flambe and white beer, yummie yummie. Please dear Lord send me to Strasbourg now.

May 1st, 2001, 05:49 AM
Henry

I think this idiot needs to go to Strasbourg soon

May 1st, 2001, 12:06 PM
Christina

geez, you're welcome. I thought Strasbourg was okay but I'm not crazy about Alsatian cuisine, though, and am not that big a person--I remember when I ordered dinner at this Alsatian restaurant across from my hotel they put this plate in front of me that I swear could feed 6 people (sausages, fries, etc), so I ate my usual portion and they kept asking me whether I didn't like it or if something was wrong. Sheesh!!! People say Americans eat a lot and have big portions, I'm surprised they aren't all as big as cows in that area. Also, there were a lot of German tourists in Strasbourg with jeans, running shoes and fanny packs (no lie).