one-way ticket out of Barcelona?

Jul 10th, 2002, 02:04 PM
barbara

one-way ticket out of Barcelona?

does anyone know how to book the cheapest tickets out of Barcelona one-way?

Jul 10th, 2002, 02:05 PM
jon

Try Go Airlines

Jul 11th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Kris

Or Europe by air

Jul 11th, 2002, 11:19 AM
phisy

where are you coming from? I just booked into Alicante, thru Madrid, and I'm returning to USA from Barcelona,,,is that what you mean? If so,,I got a $522 pricefrom Iberia, for the entire trip; JFK to Madrid to Alicante,,,,then 3 weeks later, returning from Barcelona to JFK. Hope this helps

Jul 11th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Wayne

If you are planning to go one-way out of Barcelona to another European country, you might get a better cost by purchasing a round-trip ticket and not using the return. Sometimes the airlines (for reasons I do not yet understand) will charge much more for a one-way ticket than for a round trip. However, if you are planning to make a transatlantic flight, this won't work.

Jul 11th, 2002, 12:59 PM
maria

Why wouldn't it work for a trasatlantic trip?

Jul 11th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Wayne

I didn't mean that it wouldn't "work" in the sense of not being able to do it. I just meant that you won't save money on a transatlantic trip using that trick. You will find that most airlines publish fares that show the round trip to be twice the cost of one-way. However, if you are able to find published round-trip fare that is much less than twice the one-way fare, go for it. I just haven't ever seen such a situation.

Jul 12th, 2002, 01:19 AM
barbara

thank you all for the advice, although i haven't have much luck yet.. the idea is a one-way ticket from Barcelona to Amsterdam, and that's it. Nowhere else from there..

Jul 12th, 2002, 02:22 AM
BabyJane

Easyjet fly Barcelona-Amsterdam
www.easyjet.com

Jul 12th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Sjoerd

Easyjet! If you book early, you may be able to find a cheap fare.

Jul 12th, 2002, 09:20 AM
babyjane

I just flew to Luton from Barcelona. When we landed the air steward said over the PA: "If you have enjoyed this Easyjet flight, please tell your friends. If you didn't enjoy it, then let's just keep it our little secret eh?" Very funny!

Jul 12th, 2002, 12:02 PM
barbara

thank you again , but easy jet is only an option if you live long enough to book in advance! it was my first option, but no way you can get a cheap ticket, unless you book years ahead...