Reload this Page >

one night "stand" in Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Diane

Hi, <BR>I will be in Amsterdam in Nov/Dec, but I can't plan too far in advance unfortunately. I will be travelling onto Den Helder in the north and will be staying in Amsterdam only one night. <BR>Can I just go into any hotel that day and try to get a room for the night? I do not want a B&B or a Hostel, I need my rest. What do you suggest and which are the more affordable ones. I only have the week in which I will be there, not the day... <BR>Thanks for any advice! <BR>Diane

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Sjoerd

After arrival at Schiphol Airport, there is a "Holland Tourist Info" desk in the arrivals area which can help you find a hotel. Or use the VVV office (tourist info) at Centraal Station. In November and early december, you shouldn't have a problem finding a room.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Christina

I'm no Amsterdam expert, but would suggest you take a listing of several hotels you select ahead of time and then call them the day before you need a room. Best Western has several nice hotels in Amsterdam (see www.bestwestern.com), you might just call them, that would be convenient (although you may need indiv. local numbers, not a general one, not sure). I think both their Museum and Terdam hotels are nice and in a good location, I stayed in one and saw the other. They are reasonably priced hotels and good quality, not too cheap or too expensive.