One Night in Prague Best Hotel Location

Old Mar 18th, 2022, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Night in Prague Best Hotel Location

We added an overnight stop in Prague to our 16 day trip that starts with 5 nights in Amsterdam, 2 nights in Berlin, 1 night in Prague, 3 nights in Vienna, and 5 nights in London before flying home to Atlanta, Georgia.
We will be taking trains from Amsterdam to Berlin, then to Prague and on to Vienna. We will fly from Vienna to London.

We will arrive midday in Prague on Easter Monday, spend the night and leave the next afternoon for Vienna. We're looking for a hotel that will be convenient for sightseeing and eating on Monday and Tuesday. We know full well that we will only get a taste of the sights, but would consider this an introduction. We love seeing busy squares, iconic bridges, and historic churches. I especially want to see the Astronomical clock. We're not looking for a high end hotel, but certainly don't want low budget. 250 + or - in Euro would work for us.

Thanks everyone for suggestions,
Barb
Old Mar 18th, 2022, 11:34 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Leon D'Oro in February 2020. It was a great location, our room was spacious and well kept and we would stay there again.

I highly recommend doing a walking tour. We did an early morning one which was nice as we saw the clock with no other people around.
Old Mar 18th, 2022, 04:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
We've stayed at The Dominican Hotel (formerly The Savic Hotel)... a very comfortable hotel in an architecturally interesting building and with what I think is a great location just a couple of blocks from the Clock and the Tyn Church.

https://savic.czechhotels.info/en/

You're going to wish you had more time in Prague. A walking tour is a good idea, but I can't imagine not spending hours wandering the Castle complex.

https://praguecastle.com/things-to-see/
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 06:36 AM

Obviously you need to be dead center with your wishes and short time frame. You don't say how you are coming/going, but that would be a fairly short taxi ride to either train station, anyway. And if the airport, that isn't that far outside the city in Prague, which is nice. You don't ask about that, so guess you have that figured out.

I've stayed in several different areas but usually stay longer. I personally would not want something really right on the main square or near that church as it is kind of noisy/crazy around there. There are a couple hotels right on the square. I love the Hotel Pariz which is an easy walk to the square but a few blocks away. It even says it is a 5* but is only 225 euro on that date for a DLX room. They have a nice restaurant, also, and are right near a metro stop.
https://www.hotel-paris.cz/en/

The Dominican Hotel is also a bit off the square so that is a good location also but not as close to a metro stop as the Pariz. It's about 40 euro more expensive for only the std room, which surprises me, actually.
Old Mar 19th, 2022, 03:19 PM

About 10 years ago we stayed at Apartments Almandine - they have apartments with beautiful textile furnishings, and it wasn't far into the main streets of the Old Town. It was just where the markets are. In spite of the fact that the furnishings look high-end, when we booked it wasn't all that expensive. I would certainly consider it, in any case. It is just down from a supermarket so if you want to do self-catering you can.

https://almandine.cz

Lavandula
Old Mar 20th, 2022, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the suggestions; as always Fodorites come through!
Christina--we chose Hotel Pariz, photos and reviews were great. We were able to book the hotel using points from Chase Ultimate rewards, so even better.
Thanks everyone,
Barb