Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > One night between Luberon and France- suggestions?
Notices

One night between Luberon and France- suggestions?

Jun 14th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

One night between Luberon and France- suggestions?

Hi All,

I am traveling for 3 weeks in the south of France leaving well...tonight! I just realized I forgot to book one night and was thinking it could be a good opportunity to check out one more town for the night.

I will be in Cannes for 1 week (for work), Aix en Provence for 4 nights, in the Luberon area for 5 nights (this place: http://www.masperreal.com/) and then in Nice for 3 nights. In between the Luberon and Nice, I need to book a night somewhere! Any ideas on a town that is in between the two that might make a nice stop over?

Kate
Jun 14th, 2013, 09:06 PM

Hi Kate,

Consider spending the night in Moustiers. It's about a 2 hour drive directly east of here and right at the start of the Gorge du Verdon. the drive is lovely and the village is spectacular (a bit touristy, it's true, but deservedly so). It's famous for its pottery. You could spend some time on the St. Croix lake nearby and then drive the Gorge on the way to Nice the next day.

As long as you don't mind some winding roads, this would cerainly be my preferred choice for getting from the Luberon to Nice, particularly with the luxury of a night to spend along the way.

A bientôt,
Kevin
Jun 14th, 2013, 11:16 PM

Moustiers gets my vote, too. I almost posted earlier with that suggestion.
Jun 15th, 2013, 07:21 AM

Good advice, even though I had to cower on the inside seat of the car along the gorge road.

Search this Thread