Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   ONE MORE WEEK!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/one-more-week-533174/)

nbbrown May 31st, 2005 06:48 PM

ONE MORE WEEK!!!

Then London and Italy, HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!

:-d

LoveItaly May 31st, 2005 06:57 PM

And your counting the hours!!! I would be excited to nbbrown. Lucky you. Have a beautiful trip.

Carmen May 31st, 2005 07:37 PM

One week and two days :)

(To Italy for first time!)

TRSW May 31st, 2005 07:37 PM

nbbrown - Great for you!!Have a GREAT trip!! What does your itinerary look like? How long in London? And where are you going to in Italy?

As LoveItaly said, you must be counting the hours. I have 3155.75 hours(131.49 days)until I take off for my first trip to Italy(not that I am counting!!! LOL)

Tom

LoveItaly May 31st, 2005 07:42 PM

Ah, so Carmen and Tom, you are both counting too! Isn't it fun.
Wishing you a wonderful time Carmen.

Hope everyone writes a trip report. That is as close as I will get to Italy this year it looks like.

aggiemom May 31st, 2005 08:04 PM

nbbrown - best wishes for a very fun and safe trip!

Carmen May 31st, 2005 08:10 PM

I promise to take the best notes EVER and will post asap upon return, or while there if something of urgent importance happens :) (For example, if an ugly mean guy intrudes on my ecstasy or an elderly dancing man hits on me LOL!)

Now, where did that post about last minute tips go? Yes, I searched for it this morning...

nbbrown May 31st, 2005 08:28 PM

Wow! Carmen, you'll be counting along with me! It is our first time also! (to London and Italy).

TRSW, you've got a lot of counting to do, but we did too 8 months ago (we had 5,856 hours!). Now it is only a week away and the time is going by almost too quickly, we can only pray we have everything ready!

We are going to be in London for two nights, Tuscany for 6, Venice for two, Amalfi Coast for 3, Rome for 1, and another night in London for the return trip home. Whew! What are your plans?

LoveItaly and Aggiemom... thanks for the good wishes. And I plan on writing a trip report... my mother even gave me a wonderful travel journal!

LoveItaly May 31st, 2005 08:39 PM

My good wishes go with you for sure. And I still say that the first time to Italy is the very best of all! I remember my first visit like it was yesterday. Honest. And one of these days I will get to London. Safe and beautiful days to you. And I look forward to your trip report. Take care.

TRSW May 31st, 2005 08:52 PM

nbbrown, I leave Seattle Wednesday October 12th. Arrive the 13th in Venice for 2 nights, Then take the Eurosttar to Florence for 5 nights. Then, once again take the Eurostar, to Rome for 5 nights.

As for Venice, I plan on taking in all the "tourist" sites and spending plenty of time just walking around and taking everything in. Probably will just cruise the Grand Canal on the vaporeto and let it all sink in!!!

For Florence, take at least 2 days to "do" Florence right. I have already booked day trips to Siena and San Gimignano. And a day trip to a winery/castle in the Chianti region. I have also worked out a deal with the owners of the B&B I am staying at to make them dinner(I cook for a living)one night!! This will probably be the highlight of my trip!!

As for my 5 nights in Rome, I am still working on this. At least 1 whole day doing the Vatican. Looking at day trips to Orvieto,Assisi or Sorrento.

Tom

PS I saw your post on taking a 35MM camera. I dont know about where to leavit, but make sure you have it HAND CHECKED at the security check point!!! Do not take any chances with the x-ray machines.

PSS HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!! Looking forward to seeing you trip report.

nbbrown May 31st, 2005 08:56 PM

Thank you so much for the advice on having my camera hand checked... I wouldn't have thought about it!

Your trip sounds wonderful as well. We shall all return from our first Italy trips with some great trip reports, and fresh insight!