For years, I have thought about renting a house in Europe for a month and I think I may actually put this into action next year but I am looking for advice on where might be a good central location.
Just to give you an idea of what I am looking for, this will be a family trip which will be compromised of my wife, our nine year old daughter and possibly our sons that are in their early twenties.
In my mind I visualize renting a house that is located in a rural type of area that will allow us to "chill" but that is relatively close to a small town, or village, and within driving distance of some larger cities with museums and other "historical stuff". My first thoughts lean toward France but I am open to other suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 2 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 3 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 4 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 5 Rome Hotel
- 6 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 7 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 8 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 9 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 10 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 11 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 12 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 13 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Looking for B&B Recommendations Killarney Ireland
- 16 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 17 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 18 Finally The Bowl Has Begun
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 Moscow Hotels
- 25 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?