I am taking the Bernina Express from Chur down to Italy in early March. In order to break up the travel day, on the spur of the moment, I changed our itinerary to stop over in Lake Como. We will arrive on a Saturday evening in Varenna, and overnight in Bellagio. We will leave the next evening for Venice. So, essentially, we have Saturday night in Bellagio and the majority of the day on Sunday before catching our evening train out of Varenna. It's too late to extend our visit in the Lake Como area, but I would like to see some of the lake sights before visiting again another time.
Due to the Sunday schedule and winter season, not many boats are running. I was thinking of taking the 8 am boat to Argegno in order to get a view from the lake. Then, the funicular to Pigra for another nice view. As there is not another boat back to Bellagio for several hours, perhaps the bus to Mennagio, and ferry across back to Bellagio in the afternoon. Is the funicular to Pigra worth the time or should I leave this for another trip?
I welcome any suggested itineraries for the day. There are very few boats running that day, and most of the water taxi tours are not operating yet because it is still the winter season.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार BROTHER PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACT BROTHER Techh care
- 2 https://www.healthdietalert.com/lutrevia-youth-cream/
- 3 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 4 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Packing Champagne
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 10 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 11 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Milan airport--which one
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 two days in Nice
- 19 Visit to France
- 20 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 21 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 25 New fast track