I am taking a tour of Iceland during the 1st week of August. I know tours are frowned upon on these forums and I do usually like to travel independently, but since I'm going alone and found a good deal, I went ahead and booked it!
I'll be arriving at the airport at 8:40 am and have the entire day free to explore the city. I also have my final afternoon and evening free in Reykjavik as well.
I've been researching things to do and have a list of all of the most popular places to visit but was hoping for some quirky or unique shops, sights or restaurants that might not be in the tour books.
Any ideas would be welcome! I'll be alone, so I'd like some ideas for restaurants that are not too expensive and that I'll feel comfortable in eating alone. I'd also love some good photo spots and to buy some artwork by local artisans.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your help!
Here is what I will be seeing on the tour during the second day:
"After breakfast, drive into the capital for a morning city sightseeing tour of Reykjavik. Our first stop is at Bessastaðir, where we can see the residence of the Icelandic President. The tour traverses the old town center to the Parliament, the Cathedral, the harbor, the National Museum and the Höfdi House, site of the 1986 Iceland Summit where Reagan and Gorbachev met. The tour also includes a stop at Perlan, located on the Öskjuhlid hill, which offers a spectacular view over the capital area. Pass by the outdoor swimming pool heated by geothermal waters and a museum dedicated to the renowned sculptor Asmundur Sveinsson. In the afternoon, visit the famous Blue Lagoon, a unique natural pool of mineral rich geothermal water located in the middle of a lava field. Enjoy a refreshing bath or swim in the pleasantly warm mineral-rich water reputed for its healing properties"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ICQ#661116561 Sell dumps pin skim atm plastic card ccv fullz info
- 2 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 3 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 4 Poland--where else to go
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 7 10 days in europe
- 8 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 11 Trans Siberian Train
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Malaga Christmas lights
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 16 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 17 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Greece during Easter week or August
- 22 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 23 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 24 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 25 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!