on the way to benalmadina

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on the way to benalmadina

couple with 15 year old daughter, seek advice of what there is to do & see in the area
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 02:43 PM

i've been there several times with groups of high schoolers(17-19 yr oolds)
it seems to be a great place for the 21-30 yr old crowd. although the high schoolers found some clubs to enjoy themselves.as for day trips-there is Granada, Gibraltar, Nerja (the caves) and Ronda may take up most of your day.
There is a fairly new promenade loaded with nice shops, eating places and of course the clubs(discos).the white villages (pueblos) are within driving distance if that is your interest also
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 04:13 PM

I would think that your 15 year old will like the action around the Puerto Marina in Benalmadena. Not sure what you yourself are interested in but if you would elaborate I may be able to make some suggestions. I have an apartment on the Promenade there and spend a couple of months a year in that area.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

many thanks, mainly in the evening nice restaurants, style not important. live music in bars. i also intend to hire a car for a week, so any suggestions on day trips would be appreciated.
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 11:00 AM

Nerja and the Caves is a great daytrip. There is also a waterpark nearby if you are into those things.

Marbella and the Puerto Banus marina area also make a nice daytrip. Lots of nice shopping and bars and restaurants at the marina. The old town of Marbella is very typical and there is a great restaurant there called La Pesquera with a lovely outdoor terrace on a pretty square, outdoor dining all year long -they cover and heat the terrace in winter-.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 01:33 PM

You may also like a new development that combines 70 different resataurants and multiplex theatres called Plaza Mayor. Free shuttle bus from the Marina to PM from the Marina in Benalmadana. Lots of restarants feature live msic in that complex.