Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   On Thalys, without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation - How to access? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/on-thalys-without-a-ticketless-barcode-confirmation-how-to-access-1168944/)

angel1 Dec 18th, 2016 01:46 AM

On Thalys, without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation - How to access?

We have booked 'ticketless' on Thalys, Amsterdam Centraal to Bruxelles MIDI, for 4 of us.. Three have got confirmation on email with bar code, but the fourth person has not received that mail (checked spam mail also). Our Booking reference is common. We got payment confirmation email which states that this mail is not a replacement of valid ticket. Since the access is with bar code scanner, what will happen to the fourth person? Will there be a help available at the access doors with scans? On their website, Managebooking has only cancellation facility, and no facility to print the ticket again. Has anyone recently gone through this? Please help.

hetismij2 Dec 18th, 2016 02:03 AM

You can contact Thalys direct - either use their contact form - https://thalys.secure.force.com/?lan...form=complaint or phone them (in Belgium so remember the time difference) - +32 70 66 77 88.

There may already be an answer in their FAQ at www.Thalys.com.

angel1 Dec 18th, 2016 06:46 AM

Have written in the contact form. Hope to get their reply soon.

angel1 Dec 18th, 2016 08:12 AM

Can anybody who is from Amsterdam guide us in this please?

WoinParis Dec 18th, 2016 10:09 AM

You have a reference for your reservation. Check it and print that reference - will always been helpful.
Happened to us and they found the (in our case 2d) reservation with the reference.
But I'm not for Amsterdam.

PalenQ Dec 18th, 2016 01:40 PM

But I'm not for Amsterdam.>

Nor is WoeinParis from Amsterdam! But he purports to be from the Brussels area.

WoinParis Dec 18th, 2016 01:45 PM

Took the thalys close to 1000 times actually.

Seamus Dec 18th, 2016 06:25 PM

Could be as simple as an unnoticed typo in the 4th pax email address. Print out your payment confirmation, get to the station a bit early and get the assistance of an agent. Had a similar issue a couple years back and it was resolved at the counter without much hassle at all.

angel1 Dec 18th, 2016 08:59 PM

Thank you all! Seamus, I think it was probably a typo in the email address. But I wonder why their site cannot provide printing the ticket at a later stage. Hope the staff at the station is willing to give a print of ticket with barcode. Since the entry is only with barcode, we have planned to get help at the time of arrival in Brussels on the previous day, so that we won't have problem at the time of departure.

WoinParis Dec 19th, 2016 01:03 AM

Just reasked the train manager for confirmation
Reference suffices. Of reservation not of payment.
Name can also be helpful but you might have made a typo too.
Thalys card is also a mean if checking but I don't suppose you have one.

In case you sleep better with reassurance you can check at thalys booth at the bottom of elevators to thalys tracks 3-6. However I always found these people appallingly inefficient.

There is a thalys office and lounge opposite an exit - in front of the station- on a corner of rue Fonsny I think. Opposite taxi stand at place Horta on the pedestrian street.

angel1 Dec 19th, 2016 01:38 AM

WoinParis, Thanks a ton! We have a common 6 letter booking reference and a payment confirmation. + 3 are having confirmation email with barcodes. We don't have Thalys card. There is no typo in the name. Hope everything goes smooth.

menachem Dec 19th, 2016 08:44 AM

the booking reference should be sufficient. but I'm not from Amsterdam either...

angel1 Jan 3rd, 2017 11:02 AM

I wrote to Thalys on the form given on their website. They sent the ticket on the other email provided. Got it printed at hotel. There was no problem in going on the platform as the access gates were open. Only in the train the ticket was checked and the bar code was essential. So good that got it printed beforehand.
Thank you all for your help.

Seamus Jan 3rd, 2017 08:52 PM

Hooray!