Olbia Hotels?

Mar 4th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Kerry

Olbia Hotels?

I will be staying in Olbia for one night and would like a hotel that's reasonably close to the airport and fairly nice. I don't mind spending a little extra money for a nice view or a particularly nice area. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Mar 4th, 2002, 01:32 PM
GAC

I would suggest you read the hotel descriptions in Cadogan's Guide to Sardinia and in the Rough Guide to Sardinia. There are a couple of hotels on the main street within several hundred yards of the bus stop for the airport. But the better, more scenic properties are not in Olbia proper, but along the coastline north and south, and you would need to take a taxi.

Mar 4th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Kerry

Thanks. I'll check those books for suggestions. Ultimately I think I may end up in Palau; do you know anything about the bus that runs that route? Or if a taxi is a not-too-expensive option? Thanks again for your help.

Mar 4th, 2002, 03:13 PM
GAC

According to The Rough Guide, there are many frequent buses from Palau to Olbia. The name of the bus company is ARST (Azienda Regionale Sarda Trasporti), which is funded by the Region of Sardinia. A taxi would be prohibitively expensive (at least 75 Euros).

Mar 5th, 2002, 03:31 AM
beth

If you are willing to spend some extra money, I recommend the Hotel Sporting in Porto Rotundo; it's about half an hour from the airport in Olbia and right on the beach. It's beautiful. I spent two nights there before a Backroads trip last year. It may not be worth it if you don't have most of the day to spend at the beach.
You can find it by doing a search on the web.

Mar 5th, 2002, 12:14 PM
kerry

Thanks for the helpful suggestions!