Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Oia Santorini- Esperas or Atrina or something different?

Notices

Old Feb 21st, 2009, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings!

We are 3 women in our early 30s looking to vacation in Oia in September. We are searching for a 2BR hotel/apt with 2 beds in one of the rooms. We'd like a nice pool and a view. Our budget would go as high as Esperas or Atrina, but we're certainly flexible for something less . So, of Atrina and Esperas suites, which would you recommend? Or are there other places in Oia you would recommend?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Emily
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 02:23 PM

It really depends on the view you want. Esperas has a sunset view and Atrina has a caldera view. Golden Sunset Villas has a sunset view and access to a pool. Filotera Villas, Nostos Apartments, Kima Villas, La Perla Villas and Strogili Houses have a caldera view and all have pools. Because business is not expected to be as good as in past years you can ask for discounts and there's a possibility you'll get them. Find a room you like and if it's listed at 250 euro write to the hotel and as if they have any rooms like it for, say, 225 euro. If they have a vacancy and want to give you a discount they'll say yes. Just be sure you're not getting a differrent room if you do this.

All of these hotels are excellent choices. It just depends on your budget and the view you prefer.
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much Brotherleelove, and apologize for the delayed thank you. I'm now enamoured with Golden Sunset Villas, and am trying to make the sell to my travel buddies. They sent me a picture of the pool and said that it was part of the lounge cafe area- is that physically on the premises?
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM

I haven't been there since the pool was added, but I don't think so. There's not a lot of room there. I'm prettty sure it's a separate business, the Lioyerma Cafe/Pool, which is very close by, with whom they have arranged 'priveleges'. Other hotels have made the same arrangement with them. Compare the photo they sent you to this one:

http://www.travel-to-santorini.com/cafe/oia/lioyerma/
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Yep, that looks like it- and the contact name is the same as well. Good to know... you just saved the day- if we would have gone with it (a pool is a must on the list) my girlfriends would not have been pleased, regardless of how close by it is. Thank you!!!!!