Oia hotel for family

Search

Oia hotel for family

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oia hotel for family

Our family of five will be in Santorini in mid-June and would very much like to stay in Oia. We would like a hotel with a caldera view for under $300/night. We had hoped to stay at Chelidonia Villas, but they are booked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 11:24 AM

Here's a bargain, 106 Euro/night for an hotel/apartment (with pool!)for 5 people. Hopefully they're not booked up yet:

http://www.greek-hotels.com/santorini/anemomilos/

I know the owner/manager and his wife, they also own Laokasti Villas (no caldera view but very nice), which are spotlessly clean.

Check this website for other possibilities listed by village and category:

http://www.santorinihotels.com/hotels.php
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

I saw that hotel in my search. Frankly, I was a little scared off by its low price. It's so much lower than the other hotels in Oia, I was worried there might be something wrong with it.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Does anyone know anything about Delfini Villas, La Perla Villas, or Oia Village Cave Villas in Oia?
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 12:43 PM

Granted it's "Class D", not a luxury hotel but I don't think you'd regret booking there. Although my memory of this hotel is not 100% clear I am sure it's not a dump. Besides, you could pay twice as much and still have a bad room. Regardless of where you book you won't know for sure until you get there what kind of shape the place is in or if it's noisy, if the plumbing is clogged and the water pressure is low, if the hot water heater is working properly, or if the service is good during your stay or if the view lives up to your expectations. At any rate, good luck with your choice and I hope you all have a great time.
Old Feb 18th, 2005, 05:48 PM

Hi,
Try the Esperas. They have accomodations with a bedroom and then a living room. When we stayed there we were 3 people. 1 person slept in the living room and it was very roomy. I would think they could put in another bed in the living room to accomodate 4.