October Itinerary Assistance Please

Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

October Itinerary Assistance Please

I am taking my wife to Italy in October (8-22) for a "special" birthday. This will be our first trip there, so we'd appreciate some advice and assistance as to our itinerary.

I had planned the following:

Rome - 3 nights

Capri - 2 nights

Positano - 4 nights

Venice - 5 nights

However, we have decided to drop Capri, due to the logistics of getting there from Rome and then to Positano for what would be less than thirty six hours on the island.

The thought now is to spend four nights in Rome, then hire a car and drive to Positano, stopping to visit Pompeii on the way.

Is five nights in Venice too many? Would we be better to spend an additional night in Rome (total 5) and only four in Venice?

We'll be using Starwood points to stay in Venice. Are currently confirmed at Westin Europa & Regina, but have read VERY mixed reviews on the property, so are now considering Hotel Danieli and Hotel Gritti Palace.

Any and all advice, recommendations, and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:48 PM
nbujic

More time in Rom seems like a good idea -
5 nights is 4 days , Venice is lovely but Rome is bigger with wonderful things to see.

Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM

Hi BNE

You'll get more response if you put your destination (Italy) in your subject line. Some Italy experts may ignore your post because it doesn't say where you need information for.

If you repost, you'll get more than you asked for!

Search this Thread