Notices

October Honeymoon

Jul 17th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

October Honeymoon

My Fiance and I are beginning to plan our honeymoon for October 2015. We would like to be able to lay out on a beach for at least four days of a two week vacation. We were thinking of beginning our trip in Santorini but then heard that most of the restaurants and businesses have shut down by October. We are also considering the South of France (Provence) and Italy. At the end of the two weeks we are going to fly out of Paris (after spending a few days there).

Any suggestions that you have for a romantic leisurely European honeymoon would be greatly appreciated. We are interested in hiking / exploring, wine tasting, sight seeing, and eating great food. (We are trying to stay away from big crowds and anything to "touristy")

Thanks!!
Jul 17th, 2014, 05:36 PM

For beach weather in Oct - esp late Oct - you will need to go probably to southern Spain (europe has a temperate climate not a semi-tropical one like FL) or perhaps Malta or Crete. Sicily may work - but I would check the temps carefully. Many other places will be too cold for swimming.

After that really depends on where you decide to go first. I would allow 6 nights (5 days) for Paris. As for what in between - if you're in southern Spain I would visit Seville and if possible Cordoba and Granada and then fly to Paris. If Sicily you will need to fly to France anyway - so I might rent a car and do a 3 or 4 day mini road trip to someplace else in france - perhaps Strasbourg to get a taste of the more German history.
Jul 20th, 2014, 09:52 PM

We were in Spain in October & had lots of rain. I would go further south. I loved Malta & Crete. I put in places on my weather app on my phone & check them out the year before I'm thinking of going-just to get an idea. Have fun planning
Jul 21st, 2014, 12:45 AM

I don't believe that most restaurants and businesses have closed down in Santorini by October. Why don't you read TA reviews and see how many people go in October? You could easily combine Santorini with Cyprus where the weather will be warm enough for the beach and the crowds have gone, English is widely spoken & local people very friendly, has mountains & a national park for hiking/walking trails, there are wine routes, many great restaurants, lots of sightseeing, particularly antiquities. In fact, October would be one of the best times of the year to go, as summer is far too hot. Flying from Cyprus to Paris is also easy.

Search this Thread