Obscure Italian villages

Old Sep 9th, 2022, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obscure Italian villages

Never heard of them.

Not convinced they're worth going out of the way for but certainly for people who want to say they have ...Read in CNN: https://apple.news/AQZfTooOyS364bUqYju-8mQ

Old Sep 9th, 2022, 12:11 PM

Thanks for these!

DH and I ran out of time but wanted to visit Civita Castellana. Eyewitness wrote about it. An artist friend said the mists made it a magical visit for her. We fell hard for Italy....seeing the most well-known places? Of course...but enjoying those obscure ones = a more nuanced visit.

I hope you change your mind, scrb11.
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Lot of these places are kind of off by themselves, not near other destinations you might want to visit.

Maybe Luserna is close to Lake Garda and Buccheri is near Siracusa but there are other places about the same distance from Siracusa, such as Modica, Scicli and Ragusa, about same distances away from Siracusa, not to mention Siracusa itself.

Even though I've been to some of these places before, I'd be more likely to revisit them than spend the time in a place like Bucceri.
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 03:23 PM

I follow lots of these lists: Best of, Hidden Gems of, etc. Solo, female, senior so travel by train or maybe bus, so most of these places have one scenic, memorable feature and generally you need a vehicle. Enjoy if you can get to them.
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 08:15 PM

I've not looked at the list but there are Italian villages with ten or less residents. Ignoring the actual ghost towns those small villages are really obscure.