Notices

Nyons in July

Sep 8th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Nyons in July

My first stop when toying with travel plans is here, where I know there is great expertise. Your kind recommendations for last summer in the southwest of France were brilliant! Now I am coming back to the well for more. Four of us are planning on renting an apartment in Nyons for two weeks and using that as our base for exploring Provence. The "big" sites are easy to identify. Will everyone (or some) offer the overlooked charming places you plan to visit again one day?

Additionally, we (two couples in their 60s+) are chatting about taking a week to drive back to Geneva (our point of entry) through Italy, hitting Cuneo, Turin, around Mont Blanc and to the airport. Any thoughts (I know this is not the Italy forum -- sorry) about timing? Perhaps two days in Cuneo, three in Turin, and 2 in Geneva?

Thanks, in advance, for the kindness of your replies.
Lynn
Sep 8th, 2016, 10:58 PM

2 days in Cuneo 3 in Torino looks like a dream. These are 2 of my favorite destinations.
I love the palazzo lavaro in Cuneo and slept in a wonderful hotel in Torino.
I went to Geneve and liked it too but it became a distant memory.
The road from Nice to Cuneo has some stunning sites.
Sep 9th, 2016, 01:33 AM

I'll get back to you either today or over the weekend but I vacationed not far from Nyons last summer for two weeks and I loved that area (the Drôme Provençale). I was just a bit west of Nyons and not far from Grignan. That area has all the beautiful landscapes and villages you'd find in the more touristy areas of Provence but none of the tourist hoards. I'm on vacation right now so no time for a response. I must get to the beach.

Search this Thread