NYC to Amsterdam Airfare????

Jul 3rd, 2001, 09:50 AM
Mark

NYC to Amsterdam Airfare????

Could anyone tell me what airlines I should check for airfare , along with what a good coach fare would be ? ballpark..
I know that KLM , SAS, fly to A'dam , but I dont know of any others.
A quick internet session uncovered a 998.00 fare - for one person flying coach.
If nayone knows of a cheap airfare, airline.
or any ways to save myself on airfare , I would be thankful
Mark

Jul 3rd, 2001, 01:08 PM
Sjoerd

Airlines flying between NYC and Amsterdam non-stop are KLM, Northwest, Singapore Airlines, Royal Jordanian, Martinair and I think Continental. SAS don't fly non-stop. (you'd have to change in Copenhagen)
From AMS to NYC I can normally find a fare of NLG 600 return (about US$ 230) Almost a thousand US$ return sounds VERY expensive for this route.

Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:40 PM
Hollis

Last week I booked US Airways, Ft. Lauderdale-Philadelphis-Amsterdam, round trip for $726 per person. I didn't think it was a bargain by any means, but we want to visit Amsterdam in August. Martinair had the cheapest air, but when I added in the flight from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami to New York,US Airways had the best combination of price and schedule. Good Luck.

Jul 4th, 2001, 05:01 AM
judith

It's expensive! MartinAir's charter flights between Neward/A'dam used to be good and cheap. Ditto for Tower Air. Neither fly the NYC-A'dam route anymore. I'm leaving for A'dam in a week and I got tix in February for $590 with a mid-week departure and $615 for a weekend departure. Not terribly cheap, but better then what you're getting quoted. I've seen that bestfares.com is advertising really cheap $300 - $400 fares. The downside is that you have to join their travel club for $49.99. But you can join, see if you can get your tix through them super-cheap and if it doesn't work return your membership. It's a 30-day free trial, no questions asked return guarantee. You might get really lucky. I tried this but I needed exact travel dates and it didn't work but it's worth a try.

Jul 4th, 2001, 12:21 PM
AC

Hi Mark:
Just a note to let you know the Royal Jordanian Airlines no longer flies into Amsterdam. I recently flew BA into Amsterdam. Air France is usually comparable. I looked and found some $664.00 fares on Northwest. Good luck!

Jul 4th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Tracey

My husband has seen an IcelandAir flight from NYC (JFK) to Amsterdam for $474. on Sidestep. We were also recently checking American and they are offering discounts depending on when you are flying.

Jul 7th, 2001, 10:30 AM
judith

Mark: In this Sunday's NYT's travel section (7/8/01) is an ad for Singapore Airlines R/T Newark to Amsterdam for $499.00 You might want to check into it.

Jul 7th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Gerry K

My British Airways flight to AMS in May was $430. (JFK - LHR - AMS)

Cheers,

GK

Jul 7th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Gerry K

Yes, AC, you're right about Royal Jordanian no longer flying there, and I'm still waiting for a refund on a ticket booked through Travelocity LAST AUGUST. And, Mark, in regard to my post above, the BA fare was actually $340, round trip.

Cheers,

GK

Jul 8th, 2001, 03:30 PM
ACa

Geez Gerry:
you are still waiting for a refund?? I got my money two days before we left for Amsterdam. I got mine through AMEX travel. Guess I was lucky! Keep hounding them. Good Luck!