Search

nureyev's grave

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 02:47 AM
Joan

nureyev's grave

On what train line from Paris is St Genevieve des Bois? Is the Russian cemetery close to the station? Walkable? Is there a map on the net?

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Gina

It's about 25 km (about 15 miles) south of Paris.<BR>Trains (RER, line C)leave from Paris-Austerlitz.<BR>If you do a google search on &quot;Sainte Genevieve des Bois&quot;, you'll get some more information. It's a small place, so I'd guess the walk should be doable.<BR>

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 03:42 AM
curiousx

I spent a summer as a student living with friends in Ste. Genevi&egrave;ve. One of my flatmates, with less than perfect French, went to the local market to buy the Sunday roast. Came home with chevaline. We were poor. We ate it.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 04:39 AM
Walter

No directions but this site has some info about his an other (4) famous graves in that cemetery.<BR>www.findagrave.com Regards, Walter

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 04:55 PM
joan

thanks to those above...Can't wait to see the beautiful mosaic work on the grave..and the bronze tassles....must pack!!!!!!!!!! shalom to all travellers....travel not tourist!