Reload this Page >

Novotel Paris Les Halles

Search

Novotel Paris Les Halles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Jean

Novotel Paris Les Halles

Hi, I will be in Paris mid September for a week. I was wondering if anyone has been to Novotel Paris Les Halles in 1 arrondissement? Any comments on it? Is the hotel in walking distance to the Louvre? I have not heard much about the 1e. Is this area not as well liked? Thanks for your info. Jean

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 10:06 AM
joao

Les Halles is a very convenient area of Paris. <BR> <BR>I was there in Novotel Les Halles during the second half of July. <BR>Yes, it's a walking distance from Louvre and Centre Pompidou. Just behind the Hotel, there is a huge and less known Cathedral. <BR> <BR>In the surroundings, 100 meters or so there are French restaurants, Ethnic, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, etc. We found lot of people in the streets up to 11 pm or even midnight, sitting in Cafe terrasses or just chating. <BR> <BR>The area is very well served by 3 or 4 Metro Stations. <BR> <BR>The breakfast is quite good. <BR> <BR>Joao

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Fred

Good location - can walk to Louvre and lots of places. Here are some comments from people who have stayed there: <BR>Novotel Paris les Halles (3 star right bank)- <BR>Hotel is modern <BR>very comfortable. <BR>Large, comfortable rooms. <BR>Staff very helpful <BR>a good businessman type hotel. <BR>modern <BR>very comfortable <BR>not at all quaint <BR>modern and efficient <BR>large, comfortable rooms <BR>very helpful staff <BR>great location <BR>LOVED the place. <BR>had all the amenities of an American hotel [email protected] <BR>

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Jean

joao and fred... <BR>Thanks for your input. I now feel better about the hotel. Sounds like there is alot to see in the area. I will be traveling with my parents and sister. I have never been overseas so this trip is all new to me. <BR>Thanks again. Jean

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Susan

We have stayed at this hotel on two occasions and have been quite happy with it. On our last trip we noticed many European families visiting EuroDisney stayed there. It's a good location with all the nice amenities. Enjoy!

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Jean

Susan <BR>Thanks for the info, sounds like a nice place. We are looking forward to this trip, it's been in the making since the winter. Thank you. Jean

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 06:00 AM
Julie

It certainly looks like a nice hotel and will put you right in the heart of a lot of late night street action, etc. It's very central. You will probably be quite happy there especially if this is your first trip to Paris/europe. If you expect to return, however, I suggest you spend some of your walking around time checking out other, more quaint, more typically european hotels in the area. When you see something that looks nice, cute drop in and ask the staff for a brochure and a rate card. Keep them in your travel files and dig them out next time you go so you can experience a more parisien accommodation. It will add to your pleasure in the city. In the first arrondisement I like the Grand Hotel de Champagne, rue Jean Lantier in the chatelet area as well as the Britannique in the same area. We also like the Hotel Beaubourg just off the Pompideau area. My guess is that these hotels are also less expensive than the Novotel. Understand, I'm not suggesting that there's anything wrong with the Novotel. It looks like a fine hotel. I'm simply suggesting an alternative that many find much more fun. Check it out.

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 09:11 AM
Jean

Julie, <BR>Thank you for your reply. I will look at the different hotels as we walk around. What a good idea! My parents wanted to be in the main area of the sights. This sounds like it will be perfect for us first timers. <BR> <BR>Thanks again for all who have answered my post!! <BR>Jean

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 07:41 AM
topper

topping