Reload this Page >

Novotel London West Hotel??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 05:52 AM
Dee

We are leaving on a Globus tour in August and will be staying in London at the Novotel London West in Hammersmith. I would love to hear if anyone else has stayed there and any "tips" on the area. Thanks

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Tracie

Dee, I stayed at this hotel last October and thought it was very nice. The hotel room was pretty small (typical for Europe) but very clean. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. There are two or three restaurants, all excellent! (I highly recommend eating at the nicer restaurant in the middle of the hotel, very good) The hotel is right around the corner from the Hammersmith stop on the underground (this stop is right inside a mall). I found it to be very easy to get to and from where ever we wanted to go. I know for me it was very hard to book a room not having any idea what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised by this one! Have fun and let me know if you have any questions. Tracie

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 06:03 PM
MaureenGP

Dee: We took a Globus tour in June and stayed at this hotel. It is a convention kind of hotel, with no special character at all, and very big, but the best thing is its proximity to the Tube station. The other good thing is that there is a Globus desk in the lobby, and they will answer any questions you may have concerning your tour or optionals, etc. Also, the hotel staff is very efficient and accommodating. <BR>I was worried about the hotel being too removed from central London, but found that having a nearby Tube station is the most important thing. You could have a closer hotel where you had to walk for blocks and blocks to the Tube--that would be far more inconvenient! <BR>Oh, yes, our room had space enough for the three of us, without any problems. <BR>We never ate in the restaurants--our breakfast was delivered to our room each day, after we marked an order form at night. We ate all our other meals elsewhere.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 01:55 AM
Candace

We stayed there a total of 6 nights last summer. We had purchased Crown Marketing packages from ubid.com it <BR>is a typical large hotel clean and nice similar to a Hilton. The decor seemed art deco in the the room we were assigned too. It is a 20 minute tube ride to most of the city attractions which was fine for us. If you have a tendancy to want to return to your hotel during a day then the location may be to far away. In the metro center they have a grocery store (Tesco's I think) that was convient to get snacks, fruit or even premade sandwiches for a light dinner. I would stay there again if I could get a package like I did but if I had to pay full price I would probably stay city center as long as it <BR>was affordable and near a tube stop.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:00 AM
Dee

Thanks for your prompt replies. I am <BR>feeling better about our hotel already! <BR>I had been reading on the posts about <BR>the hotels that you stay in on some tours being far out so was really glad to hear the positive comments. We are staying an extra 3 days before our tour <BR>leaves. Am getting really excited and can hardly wait until I am walking on the streets of London! My second time there and my husbands' first. We are taking the Globus "Taste of Europe" tour that leaves London on the 11th of August. Maybe there is someone out there in "Fodorland" that has been on this one and can tell me some inside information that will make the tour even more memorable. This is our first time on a tour so will be a new experience. I know we will have a wonderful time...who wouldn't in Europe??