My daughter will be studying in Salamanca & Barcelona for 8 weeks this summer and I will be meeting her @ the end of her studies to travel through Spain. We only have 7 days not counting travel days @ end of July so I realize we cannot cover it all. I arrive in Madrid, and was contemplating going north by car: Madrid (1night) Salamanca (1 night) then drive to Leon, Asturias, Santander and San Sebastian (3 nights) then drive to La Rioja (1night) and then back to Madrid for last night.
Or I can go towards Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Cadiz and Ronda.
Am I trying to cover too much? Is driving thru the mountains treacherous in the midst of summer heat?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 8 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 9 Paris November 2017
- 10 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 11 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 12 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 13 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 14 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Current plan for March trip
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 Spain in 2018
- 19 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 20 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 First time in Spain
- 23 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga