My brother and I had wanted for ages to visit the UK, not having been since our childhood years. The exchange rate put us off (CAD to pounds) until we realized it would never get better and that we might as well seize the moment.
We flew from Toronto to Edinburgh via London on May 22 on an Air Canada Boeing 777. Never again will I fly that airline and route again. The economy configuration was 3-4-3, with seats expressly designed to make one feel like a sardine in a can. To make matters worse, there was a wide post of some kind dividing the floor between my feet and making it impossible for me to stretch my legs at all.
Let’s not even talk about Air Canada’s economy meals. I bought a couple of croissants at the airport before boarding and they tided me over.
Getting through Edinburgh airport was pretty quick and we easily found the tram into the city that deposited us a short walk from our charming New Town Airbnb flat. We settled in, went to Tesco for groceries, and made plans for the next day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 3 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 6 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 7 Trans Siberian Train
- 8 Greece during Easter week or August
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 11 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 12 The World's Greatest Churches
- 13 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 14 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 15 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 16 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 17 My France Vacation
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 London vacation rental agency
- 22 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 23 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 24 Iceland driving in March
- 25 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)