Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Not sure how many of you remember Crazymina, but she sends her thanks to fodorites for helping her find her HUSBAND in Europe!

Search

Not sure how many of you remember Crazymina, but she sends her thanks to fodorites for helping her find her HUSBAND in Europe!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear fodorites!

Maybe some of you remember me...it's been some time since I've posted...mostly because it's been over 3 years since I have been to Europe as most of my vacation time visiting Australia to sort out logistics with my then long distance romance.

I am happy to report that not only did my 4 month solo backpacking journey in 2003 give me wonderful memories, but a couple of weeks ago I married the man I met in a hostel in Cesky Krumlov on that trip. Even though I have not posted here in a long time, I thought it appropriate to give you all many thanks as so many of you helped me plan my way through Europe, as well as helping me out of a few jams. And of course, my love of travel blossomed right here on travel talk.

Here's a snapshot of us shortly after being pronounced man and wife. Best continued wishes to all fodorites and happy travels!!

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=33w61dv
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
How could we forget you. You trip to IRland was so funny. Congratulations!!
Was Kay at the wedding? Grasshopper is missed here.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:32 AM

Well hello mina! What a lovely surprise, I sure remember you and have missed your posts.

What a beautiful wedding photo. I love your gown!

I wish you and your husband a beautiful and long life together filled with love, many joys, good health and more travels!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:35 AM

You are a great-looking couple. You've proven one significant advantage of hostels, at least for people in certain circumstances .
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM

REMEMBER you??? Girl, how could we forget you??? You are such a beautiful couple, and please accept my best and sincerest wishes for a lifetime of happiness and good travels together!

BC
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:52 AM

Is that sweet! Best wishes always.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 11:59 AM

One of the all time best Ireland trip reports ever. People still refer back to it for newbies. Congratulations! I couldn't access the photo on my laptop here in my B&B in Kinsale but will look at it when I get home. Wishing you a lovely life together!!!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Nice to see familiar faces! Thanks for the well wishes...we went through a lot to be together and it was a wonderful wedding day.

LoveItaly, the dress was only $50! I don't believe in spending a lot on those things. Frugal traveler AND a frugal wedding dress buyer...gotta love it.

Cigalechanta, no one there that you would have known. It was a small wedding...only about 50 people on our local beach. Low key and just how I wanted it!

BC - thank you! Glad to see you are doing well...just finished your report and posted on your thread...

And yes, I still HEARTILY recommend hostels to the young (and not so young) solo traveler!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:12 PM

crazymina! I was just thinking about you a few days ago! Loved your trip reports and I remember you meeting your man.

Congratulations on your marriage. Your photo is beautiful. Thanks for posting an update, especially such a happy one!

(hmmm...can I use any more exclamation marks?!)
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:16 PM

I most certainly remember you with great fondness!
Congratulations to you both, what a beautiful bride and groom! Scarlett
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:18 PM

Very nice, & you met in one of my favorite places - Congrats !
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:18 PM

so delighted for you both
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Have you have more photos. You and Your trip reports are always mentioned on "Where are they" threads.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:27 PM

I sure remember you and your report and that you had met someone special. How wonderful that it all worked out for you. Will you be living in Australia now? Best wishes!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 01:12 PM

Ha, I knew it would come to this! So glad you married your Aussie... congrats Mina. Y'all make a fine looking couple.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 01:26 PM

Congratulations and VERY best wishes for you both! It was your awesome trip to Ireland that inspired DH and I to begin planning our own trip Hope to see you here more frequently!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 01:29 PM

OF COURSE I remember you! I'm not around much these days either, so I didn't realize you weren't!

Many hearty congratulations on your new life. He looks almost as dreamy as you!!!

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 01:30 PM

I remember reading your thread about David Armbrust. Isn't he just the greatest?! We took his tour back in 2001 (I think) and I just couldn't get enough of his little critters. I wanted to hold them SO bad. Congrats on your new life!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Aw, thanks again all.

Wow Janeygirl, it's been awhile since I've seen you...any new romances lately?

Cigale, not many more photos, as we are still waiting for the pro pics to come back. Fortunately my friends took a few snapshots, of which I posted the nicest one here. It's good to see you still posting here...

SusanP, my husband won the greencard lottery a few years ago and moved to American in August 2005. It's been a bumpy road for us, but we have survived a lot. We will live here in the U.S. until he can become a citizen and then go from there.

Clifton, lol...I always knew you were cheerin' for me!

Jill, how weird that you mention David...I was just thinking I needed to send him the photo. I met him again last year in July when I went to Oz to move my man to America. I took him on David's tour as David remembered me and wanted to meet my Aussie. He gave his stamp of approval and wished us a wonderful life. We had David all to ourselves that day and he spent more time with us than his usual tour. It was even more wonderful than when I took the tour in 2001. He's really quite an amazing man!
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 01:38 PM

A blessing on your head, Mazel Tov, Mazel Tov! I wasn't around when you were posting but I sure have read alot of your posts and enjoyed them immensely. You certainly have a good sense of humor and lots of guts. Just what one needs to make a marriage work. All the best to you both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -