Norway itinerary end of July

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2022, 10:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are considering approx a week in Norway in late July. We have never been to Norway/Scandinavian countries. We will be flying in from London (22nd July) and want to return to Toulouse on July 28th. We are both in our late 50s and I do love to drive if it makes sense and the drive is beautiful. We are not very adventurous in terms of hiking etc but enjoy seeing places of natural beauty and historic importance. I assume the driving is similar to US. Looking for suggestions.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 07:33 AM

Driving in the fjord area is often like driving in the mountains or CA 1 between Monterey and San Luis Obispo in the States. If excluding Oslo, you could do the same trip we did a while back. Here's my trip report:

Trip Report: Norway, July 2009

To give you an idea of driving in the fjord area:

https://flic.kr/p/7qsBKQ https://flic.kr/p/7qoFRe
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Than you Michael. Greatly appreciate your reply. Your trip report is pretty extensive. Looks like Oslo is like most nig cities with the museums you had mentioned. How many days is the Norway in a nutshell ?? Seems like you may have been to Stockholm/Sweden ... Is it worth combining Norway/Sweden for a taste of both countries within the 7 days (July 22 - July 28). We have to be in Lourdes, France either the night of the 28th or 29th.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 09:58 AM

The fjord trip took 6 days, excluding the couple days spent in Bergen. One tank of gas was enough for the entire trip. From Trondheim we flew to Stockholm, changing planes in Oslo. We spent three weeks in Scandinavia for that trip.