Do you recommend commencing the NIN trip from Oslo or Bergen to avoid the crowds in mid-August?
I am planning on spending a couple of nights in Balestrand so from a logistics perspective it made sense to start the NIN from Oslo. We plan to drive since we will have kids under 7 years so we need that convenience. For example:
1. Drive from Oslo to Myrdal. Spend the night in Myrdal.
2. Morning, do the NIN tour: train (Myrdal to Flam)-boat (Flam to Gudvangen)-bus (Gudvangen to Voss).
3. Afternoon, catch the Bergen-Oslo train from Voss to Myrdal. Pick up the car and drive to Balestrand. Spend the night in Balestrand.
4. Spend a day or two in Balestrand.
5. Drive to Bergen to drop off the car.
I am not sure how I can do the stay in Balestrand, if I were to do the NIN from Bergen. I would definitely want to have a car for our travel in/around Balestrand. Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 5 Budget trip
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 8 Driving
- 9 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 10 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 11 Algarve Town Selection
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 paris to london- day trip
- 14 Browsing Barcelona
- 15 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 16 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 19 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 20 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 21 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 22 Portugal
- 23 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
Norway In A Nutshell...from Oslo or Bergen to avoid August crowds?