I'll be doing Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen this October and have 2 options to choose from. If I go via Voss, I'll only have 30 mins in Flam. But if I go via Myrdal, I'll have 4 hours in Flam (though the trip will start and end earlier/later in Bergen). It is essentially the same route just that it is done in opposite directions.
Would it be good to depart earlier from Bergen and stay in Flam for 4 hours? I checked that I could squeeze a 1h 30min tour to Stegastein lookout within that period. However, the train from Bergen to Myrdal starts at 7.57am and sun will only rise at 8.25am. Likewise, the Voss to Bergen train will depart at 6.40pm, after sunset. Will I miss out on anything?
For Bergen-Voss-Gudvangen-Flam-Myrdal-Bergen, the trip starts at 8.43am and ends at 6pm which is well within daylight hours. But I'll only have 20 mins in Flam (not enough time for a trip to Stegastein lookout).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO EMAIL 1~888~260:2909 Password Reset Contact YAHOO Now Tec*h CALL 24*7
- 2 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 9 2 week May trip with kids
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 13 Rail vs. Plane
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 Self Drive UK tour
- 18 Where to See Flamenco
- 19 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Airport Transfer
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 5 nights in Spain, need help!