So me and my friend are soon going for a 17days-long trip to Norway. We will be staying for 2 days in Bergen, then we will go through the national parks to Oslo, where we will be also staying for 2 days, before we take off back to Prague (Czech republic).
We have only 2 more weeks left before we go. We have most of the equipment needed now, but what we re not done with yet, is the exact route of our trip. Because we re not from Norway, it is quiet hard for us to include the things, that re really worth seeing, because we simply do not know what they are.
We have couchsurfers in Bergen as well as in Oslo and Odda. In odda, the host is so kind that he agreed to guide us on a Trolltunga trip.
"Checkpoints", that we will be going through are Bergen, Odda, Sognefjord, Geilo, Oslo. We plan to simply camp in the wilderness if couchsurfing will not be a possibility.
We have also managed to put up a list of what we think might be worth seeing, but again, that is just our opinion. Could you please tell us the main points of interest that we should not miss and any other things that are worth seeing and come up to your mind? We would really appreaciate i t as we are not citizens of Norway.
Also, few additional questions:
Any kind of map that you would recommend for orientation in the wilderness?
Any tips for some special food that we should take from home or some low cost food that is worth buying in Norway? Of course we plan to bring some cans and food like that with us, but still...
Are trecking shoes needed or will we be fine with more light-weight, running shoes?
Any other usefull tips and information is really welcomed and appreaciated.
Thank you a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care
- 2 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 7 Trans Siberian Train
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 16 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 17 Greece during Easter week or August
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 20 The World's Greatest Churches
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 My France Vacation