We are looking at going to Norway in May 2015.
We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children of 11 years and 13 years.
We plan to arrive and depart from Oslo. We will be staying in Norway for approx.18 days.
We will be depending on public transport and will not be having a car.
We are not into adventure sports but like to take the ferries to see the fjords. Ideally we are interested in seeing all possible fjords and then we want to do the Atlantic Road trip by using public transport. We will not be taking any internal flights.
We do not want to rush and do the Norway in a Nutshell trip.
I am looking at staying in Oslo for 2-3 nights and then taking a train or bus up north and starting our trip downwards. Any advise is welcome. Please advise the conveniently located base towns where we can stay for each of the attractions.
Lastly which website should I refer to as there is little information available on Fodors.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 2 Help with Spain itinerary
- 3 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 6 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 9 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 10 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 11 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 12 paris to london- day trip
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 15 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 16 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 17 Family vacation
- 18 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 19 South of France
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Tips for first trip to UK
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 which language school in Italy?
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 European Christmas Markets Itinerary