Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Northwest to Air France CDG-2 (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/northwest-to-air-france-cdg-2-a-556803/)

Patty5252 Sep 7th, 2005 05:14 AM

Northwest to Air France CDG-2

I just registered and was looking for info on changing planes at CDG-Terminal 2 and lost the original message so I posted a new one. If I fly into CDG via Northwest I think I land in Terminal 2E and need to go to 2F for Air France. I've been told by AF that passport check is needed to move between 2E and 2F. I was told I may not have to collect my bags if they have been checked through from Detroit to Milan. I have a Northwest ticket and an Air France ticket. NW said as a requested courtesy--and not because they are obligated to--NW will check the bags through to Milan if I show both tickets in Detroit and ask for the bags to be checked through. Has anyone had this experience? Does it sound like I received factual data? Thanks!

kybourbon Sep 7th, 2005 06:00 AM

Click on your own sn to find your previous posts.

janis Sep 7th, 2005 06:16 AM

Well, yes - clicking on your name will locate your other threads. But in this case it isn't much help since your only other post is on a thread asking what an open-jaw ticket is.

So I think your post about the CDG transfer didn't "take". Happens sometimes.

Anyway - yes you can check your luggage through even if the trip isn't on the same airline/ticket. The main exception is if you were flying one of the low-cost airlines that don't interline luggage. How long do you have at CDG? if you are cutting it close - NW is not the most on-time of airlines . . . . .

BeachBoi Sep 7th, 2005 06:26 AM

Patty...Just remember....what you are told on the phone, and what actually happens at any airport could be worlds apart.Generally speaking the scene you describe is accurate.But I have found that in the event it doesnt happen the way you have been told, just be cool...ultra cool...Best of luck..

Powell Sep 7th, 2005 08:53 AM

Patty,

Here is an excerpt from my June 2005 trip report re CDG:

"We left JFK at 5:10 p.m. and arrived in Paris on June 16 at 6 a.m. We have an hour and a quarter to make a connecting flight to Rome. We did not make it. For the first time ever I missed a connecting flight. Why, you ask.

At Passport Control in Paris four sleepy clerks scrupulously examine each passport while five hundred frantic passengers wait on line. We get to our gate fifteen minutes late. This kind of snafu is apparently a regular occurrence. An Air France clerk told us it happens to “thousands of people” everyday. As a result, Air France was well organized to react and got us on to the next flight to Rome an hour later......"

I would leave at least two hours between flights at CDG and that assumes your luggage is checked through. Remember, when you miss a flight they dump your luggage out and getting it to the right airport on time is then daunting. Half of ours got to Rome with us the other half came that evening.

Anthony

rex Sep 7th, 2005 10:06 AM

topping... lest she never gets the message to click on her own (screen) name.

Best wishes,

Rex