First trip to Italy
We're booked from 9/21 to 10/5 Fly into Venice and out of Pisa.
6 people age range is 50-79
We want to visit places and see what makes them special, get the feel and vibe of the place,
We enjoy good food and wine, but would not consider us Foodies, do like to visit wineries and taste.
Not really an artsy crowd don't want to fill the trip with Museums, churches , palaces. If its really special and a must see we're all in
and of course the ladies like to shop, nice stuff on a budget not looking for Versace
Any Recommended Tours , or personal tour guides?
Venice from 9/21-9/24
We've an apartment near the San Zaccaria ACTV stop
Looking for Restaurant Rec's
Is San Marco Basilica / Doges palace worth the visit?
9/24 back to Marco Polo to pick up two rental cars Drive to Bagni di Lucca
We've rented a house in this small village north of Lucca, that we're using as a base for day trips, my wife's grand parents are from this town.
Places we're thinking of but we are not limited to these,and we like small cute villages with shops, food , enoteca, wineries
Florence (Academmia Galleria, Mercato Centrale)
Lucca (The wall)
Pisa (The Field)
Cinc Terre (not sure at all we're not hikers, is the coastal drive OK , is there parking)
Rome one day there and back on Trenitalia for Vatican and anything else
Looking for Ideas / Things to see and do shopping and restaurant and winery rec's.
Thanks in advance for all of the advice I'll be filing a trip report when i get back ciao al
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 2 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 3 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 4 Help with Venice Trip?
- 5 Dubrovnik
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 Norte Dame light show!
- 8 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 11 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 12 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 13 10 Days in Austria
- 14 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Greece in end October
- 17 Champagne Tours
- 18 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 21 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Le Marche Research Help
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
First trip to Italy