In late June/early July, I'm planning a two week trip to Northern Italy/Southern France/Switzerland. I'm flying in and out of Milan, and I plan to rent a car. We have been to Milan, except we went to Venice, Tuscany etc. during that trip, so this time, we want to explore the lakes more.
I was thinking of first driving down to Genoa, then driving down the coastline to Provence. From there, I wanted to drive up to Annecy/Geneva and into Switzerland. I know that Switzerland is really expensive, so I'm only looking to spend 3-4 days there. In Switzerland, I want to drive to Lucerne and then finally back down through the lakes to Milan.
Any suggestions on routes, specific places to visit, days to spend in each place, itinerary etc. will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 2 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 5 which language school in Italy?
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 Family vacation
- 9 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 10 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 11 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Dubrovnik
- 14 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 15 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 16 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 17 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 18 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 19 Driving
- 20 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 21 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Budget trip
- 25 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!