We will be travelling to Northern Italy for 7 days 5 nights in July with two kids (3 and 7). Landing in Milan and renting a car. On the one hand I don’t want to do too much driving, on the other I of course want to get to see as much as possible…..
My planned itinerary looks like this –
Day 1 – Milan (sleep in Milan)
Day 2 – Lake Como and driving a bit north (sleep at Teglio near the Swiss border)
Day 3 – drive to the Dolomites (sleep for two nights in the Ortisei area, explore the Dolomites)
Day 5 – Drive south (sleep at Mestre near Venice)
Day 6 – Visit Venice (sleep near Verona)
Day 7 – visit Verona (fly out of Milan at 11pm).
It looks to me that we would be driving no more than about 2 hours a day, which seems manageable.
Would like to hear if you think that this is a good plan and any suggestions about changes/kids attractions along the rout.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 2 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 6 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 7 Driving
- 8 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 14 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 15 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 16 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 19 Poland--where else to go
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 5 days in Andalusia
- 22 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 23 South of France
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands