My fiance and I are in the preliminary stages of planning our honey moon for next August (2016). We are planning on going to the south of France and northern Italy. We are limited to 2 weeks total for our trip. We would like to have plenty of relaxing time in addition to sight seeing as this trip will immediately follow our wedding.
So far we are thinking:
Day 1: Arrive in Nice (early AM) and travel to Cannes
Day 2: Cannes
Day 3: Cannes
Day 4: Cannes (Day trip to Monaco)
Day 5: AM travel to Cinque Terre
Day 6: Cinque Terre
Day 7 Cinque Terre
Day 8:AM travel to Florence
Day 9: Florence
Day 10: Florence (wine tour)
Day 11: Florence (potential day trip to Pisa)
Day 12: AM travel to either Lake Garda or Milan
Day 13: Lake Garda or Milan
Day 14: Mid-morning flight back to US out of Milan
I am wondering if it is worth it to try and get Lake Garda (or Lake Como) into to the trip or if our time will be better spend in Milan. I was envisioning spending our last couple of days relaxing by the water but I don't want to miss out on Milan if it is a must see.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Trans Siberian Train
- 13 Tips for first trip to UK
- 14 Scotland ideas
- 15 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 16 London vacation rental agency
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid