I am looking for some advice on an itinerary we are trying to put together for the first part of our trip to Europe. There are four of us and we arrive in rome on the 11th june and are already set in stone to stay there until the 16th, advice on a day trip from Rome would be great but otherwise we are pretty set for what we want to see there.
The plan is that we will travel north as far as Milan before getting our train to Switzerland. The places we are hoping to go to are Florence, Tuscany (maybe San Gimignano), Cinque Terre, maybe Lucca, Venice and Milan. I am just struggling with how long in each, even though its going to be quite busy we are keen to stay in Cinque Terre for a night if it works out, With Milan we would be glad to look around but our main aim there is to get onto the next stage in our trip. All up at the moment we are thinking of spending 14-17 days doing this. We will be travelling by train so our length of travel is flexible due to travel times.
Thank ye all for any advice ye can put our way.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 2 Driving
- 3 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 4 My France Vacation
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 7 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 8 Where to stay in Naples?
- 9 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 10 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 13 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 14 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 15 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 19 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 20 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 21 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 22 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 23 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 24 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 25 Best Greek Island