Northern Italy in May

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 05:17 AM
Rebecca

Northern Italy in May

My fiance and I are spending our honeymoon in Northern Italy during the month of May. We are going to Lake Como and will eventually make it down to Florence. We are trying to finalize our vacation and are concerned about rain and cold weather. We are planning to spend 4 nights (at least) in Lake Como but if the weather is going to be an issue, we would like to go ahead and plan the rest of the trip. I have searched the forum and can't seem to find a definitive answer on weather in May. Any experiences/ advice would be appreciated! Thanks <BR>Thank you!!

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 06:59 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Rebecca, You are everywhere. The average <BR>temp for Como in May is 53 to 72 range. <BR>You will see some rain that time of year. Take your raincoat, but you will <BR>love Bellagio---buy some silk.

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 08:22 AM
TooMuchTimeOnMyHands

Rebecca, <BR> <BR>You have the best panel of honeymoon experts ever assembled. <BR> <BR>Wedding invitations to all 48 Fodorites who have been contributing to this trip since you first came asking for advice last October! <BR> <BR>In alphabetic order <BR> <BR>with certain letters obliterated to keep this from becoming a spam list. <BR> <BR>Al (##[email protected]) <BR>alan (##[email protected]) <BR>alessandra (#[email protected]) <BR>Amy (#[email protected]) <BR>audrey (#udrey###[email protected]) <BR>Beth (##[email protected]) <BR>Beth Y. (##[email protected]) <BR>Bob (#[email protected]) <BR>BOB THE NAVIGATOR (##[email protected]) <BR>Byrd ([email protected]) <BR>Carol (#[email protected]) <BR>Denise (#[email protected]) <BR>Ellen (#[email protected]) <BR>ellis (#[email protected]) <BR>elvira (#[email protected]) <BR>Erika (#[email protected]) <BR>howard (#[email protected]) <BR>jacquie (#[email protected]) <BR>jake (#[email protected]) <BR>Janet (#[email protected]) <BR>jen (#[email protected]) <BR>jennifer (#[email protected]) <BR>Jennifer (#[email protected]) <BR>John (#[email protected]) <BR>kam (#[email protected]) <BR>Kris (####[email protected]) <BR>Laura (#[email protected]) <BR>Maira (##[email protected]) <BR>martha python ([email protected]) <BR>Michelle (#[email protected]) <BR>Mike (#[email protected]) <BR>mike (#[email protected]) <BR>Nancy #endler (Nancy#[email protected]) <BR>Paul (#[email protected]) <BR>Paulo (#[email protected]) <BR>Portia (#[email protected]) <BR>Rex (rb##@usa.net) <BR>richard j #icek (#ick#[email protected]) <BR>s #aye (stephen#[email protected]) <BR>Samantha (###[email protected]) <BR>sandy (#[email protected]) <BR>scott (#[email protected]) <BR>##eve (##[email protected]#rb.org) <BR>Steve the Guide (#[email protected]) <BR>Sue (#[email protected]) <BR>Susan (#[email protected]) <BR>##ndy (##ndy#[email protected]) <BR>wes wler (#[email protected]##tech.campuscwix.net)

Old Mar 19th, 2000, 01:56 PM
rebecca

TooMuchTimeOnMyHands, <BR>I am thankful to all the people who have provided advice and, have provided my own advice for places I have been in return. I'm sorry that you feel the need to be criticizing the sharing spirit of the forum, which makes it such a wonderful resource. Best of luck to you.

Old Mar 19th, 2000, 03:43 PM
TooMuchTime

Criticizing? My message was criticizing? <BR>Nothing could be further from the truth. <BR> It makes for fascinating reading, to see the evolution of your planning. I don't think anybody has ever put this many threads on the Fodor's board for one trip, honeymoon or otherwise, and everyone has benefited as a result of your questions, Rebecca. <BR> And the names on the list are a who's who of Fodorites. I was very serious about what an incredible bank of expertise they represent.

Old Mar 19th, 2000, 03:50 PM
rebecca

I'm truly sorry. I surely read your message wrong. I appreciate the note and am glad that I was wrong. This is a wonderful site truly because of the wonderful experience the experts have been willing to share. Sorry for the misunderstanding <BR> <BR>Best of luck, <BR>Rebecca

Old Mar 19th, 2000, 08:54 PM
Holly

Back to your original question, the weather in Como in May is just beautiful, day & night. Do bring a jacket or a sweater, though.

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 06:42 AM
Rebecca

Thank you Holly! I've heard Lake Como is beautiful! Does it rain often? Do you know of any great restaurants in the area?

Old Mar 24th, 2000, 09:40 AM
Holly

It didn't rain at all either time I was there (both were last week in April). It was actually quite warm during the day. It can get chilly on the boats crossing the lake, especially after the sun goes down.