I will be travelling with my fiance for two weeks to Italy at the beginning of June 2013 and we would like to know other people's opinion about our potential trip.
We will be arriving and leaving from Rome by plane, and planning on travelling by train in Italy. Having already been to Rome and Venice, we would like to visit some new destinations and focus on sightseeing with fewer crowds and enjoying good food.
We'd like to spend a couple of days in Rome, then head over to Bologna for two days, Mandova for two days, then Verona (trying to catch an opera showing during the opera festival) for 2 days. From Verona, either Venice or Milan then the other, each for a couple of days.
Are we missing any interesting sights and/or places where there might be good food not to be missed?
We do not want to be rushed, so are trying to limit ourselves to only a few cities. We are wondering whether we can fit in a day at Cinque Terre as well, but it appears to be out of the way, and we are afraid of losing too much time in transit?
Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moscow Hotels
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 4 Easter Week in Italy
- 5 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 6 Paris November 2017
- 7 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 8 Spain in 2018
- 9 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 10 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 11 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 12 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 13 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 14 Christmas week in Ireland
- 15 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 16 Which Aran Island??
- 17 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 18 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 21 Barcelona to Malaga
- 22 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 25 Rent in Rome