Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Northern Germany - Lubeck environs
Notices

Northern Germany - Lubeck environs

Jun 6th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Northern Germany - Lubeck environs

In-depth 3 weeks trip to Northern Germany: marvellous cities, amazing co-existence of land and sea, intersting cuisine. Very much depends on the daily weather conditions you'll face... With sunny days - you'll find northern Germany as one of the most stunning, diversed areas in whole Europe !

My fiance and I made a lovely trip to Northern Germany - using public transport only. The trains and buses systems in this region - are superb and efficient. We made star-trips, changing our accommodation-bases only 5 times during the 4-weeks trip. The German National Railways prices are not as expensive as most other european states. In this section we "cover" our stay in Lubeck. It includes our experiences from: Lubeck, Travemunde, Kiel, Plon, Schwerin and Wismar. Using trains and buses from /to Lubeck to all these wonderful destinations - is lucrative with affordable prices. As a group, youngsters or seniors - you get significant concessions.

Full story and trip report at:
http://bit.ly/18R3SXs
Jun 6th, 2013, 04:36 AM

Hi, I am really looking forward to the Schwerin / Wismar part of your report - it's my ambition to tour a number of the brick Gothic cities together, as I've been to Lübeck but not the rest of the Baltic. Also been to Kiel a number of years back but didn't get much out of the visit - maybe I should plan to visit again ...

Lavandula

Search this Thread