Normandy-Honfleur hotel or B&B

Old Mar 13th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normandy-Honfleur hotel or B&B

I had all my reservations set but now my son will be joining us on our trip. Originally we had a room for 3 at the ETAP hotel in Honfleur but with an additional person they can't accommodate us. I am looking for something just as reasonable (this was a deal at 36 euros for 3)or at least under 90 euros if possible. B&B or hotel is fine. Any recommendations?
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 10:02 AM

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Are you saying you had a triple for 36 euro and now want a quad but they don't have any? You aren't going to find any hotel that cheap, Etap's are about the cheapest. It would be cheaper to get two rooms there than a quad elsewhere.

If you mean they don't have any rooms at all, you could try the Ibis in Honfleur, it's pretty cheap but a bit more than Etap. There are a handful of 2* hotels in Honfleur, but they aren't that cheap (prob. around 50-70 euro for a double). Several are Logis de France so you can check their website (like Hotel de la Claire), but they won't be that cheap.

Here are a few of the cheapest (aside from things like Etap)
http://www.hoteldudauphin.com/
http://www.lescascades.com/
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Great B and B in Honfleur www.giaglis.com
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 02:12 PM

As I mentioned in the other string, the B&B Hotel on the outskirts of Honfleur has quad rooms for less than 60 euros per night:

http://www.hotel-bb.com

Have a lovely time in my favorite small town in France!
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM

We stayed at La Cour Ste Catherine in Honfleur - www.giaglis.com.

We loved it! We would stay there again - and the owners were terrific. I just checked their website and a suite is 90 euros (with breakfast included) with an additional person for 20 euros. If this is the room that we stayed in, it had a little kitchenette with a fridge (great for water and cold sodas!) --

I took Dave_in_Paris' recommendation and was pleased. If this is over your price range, then check out the place he recommended.

good luck!
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 05:28 AM

There are 2 places near Honfleur, a few miles away which might meet your budget needs. I have not stayed in either one but here are the links to their websites. Both are in the town of Beuzeville:

Hotel de la Poste: www.le-relais-de-poste.com

Le Petit Castel: www.le-cochon-dor.fr

Good luck...
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 05:36 AM

We stayed at the Dauphin a few years ago, found a place to leave the car, didn't use it for 3 days just walked around. The hotel was a very good deal and you can walk all over the town.