Reload this Page >

Non-mainstream ethnic restaurants in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 07:53 AM
Jennifer

Can anyone recommend some unique cuisines that you've tried in Paris? Specifically, cuisines that are probably not available to many of us in the rural Midwest US.<BR><BR>Specifically, I'm thinking of Perisan, Corsican, Pakistani, Tibetan, Venezuelan, Kurdish, Seychellese and other ethnic types of foods.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Jennifer

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:13 AM
Sue

Seychellois cuisine at Coco de Mer, in 5th, at 34 Bd. St.Marcel; phone 47 07 06 64

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:42 AM
elvira

Corsican - la bouteille d'or, quai montebello. moderately expensive, but excellent food and even better view of Notre Dame.<BR><BR>Moroccan - Le Mansouria, 11, rue Faidherbe. moderately expensive (you can spend a boatload of money here if you try).

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 03:48 PM
Randall Smith

Dear Sue,<BR><BR>Thank-you for the recommendation. I'm always looking for a new unusual "Resto". We have an apartment just up the street and I'm sure I run by the "Coco de Mer" on my way to the Seine or the Promonde Plant&eacute;e, but I've never noticed the place. <BR><BR>We will be back in Paris next month and I plan on checking out a lot of new restaurants. Unfortunately I have no idea what Seychellese is, could you please enlighten me, and maybe others who aren't familiar with this type of cuisine.<BR><BR>Merci en avance,<BR><BR>RJS

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:22 PM
Sue

I noticed it among a list of recommended places to eat in Paris; it caught my eye b/c my daughter and her husband went to Seychelles on their honeymoon. I think you can probably find a "carte" for Coco de Mer if you check it out on search engine. The Seychelles are in Indian Ocean, off coast of Africa, above Madagascar. The islands once belonged to France; the culture is a blend of many different ones, and I imagine the food is the same, with emphasis on fish, etc.<BR>So I have never been to Sey. or Coco de Mer, but may try to eat there next week when I am in Paris!

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:45 PM
gary

Here are some that I recall although I did not dine at any of them. Should not be hard to find. All former French colonies: <BR>Moroccan, Tunisian, Madagascan, Cambodian, Vietnamese. <BR>Come to think of it however, I didn't see any African restaurants (e.g., Congolese, etc) but I am sure they must be there somewhere.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 09:08 PM
Betty

Just topped an old post for you with similar question and lots of good responses.