Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   No More Bell'Italia (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/no-more-bellitalia-530297/)

jbee May 19th, 2005 12:09 PM

No More Bell'Italia

Does anyone else get this magazine? We just got our most recent edition and it's now called Beautiful Itineraries and covers more of Europe, not just Italy...

I'm going to give it a chance (I'm only halfway through the magazine), especially since it will now be bi-monthly instead of every 2 months, but are there any other dedicated Italian magazines out there? Does anyone have opinions on the new Beautiful Itineries?

cruiseluv May 19th, 2005 01:45 PM

Hi Jbee,

I subscribed to Bell' Italia less than a year go and loved it. Also got the new BI. I don't know if it's my imagination but the quality of the pictures doesn't seem the same. I decided not to renew my subscription.

Grinisa May 19th, 2005 06:08 PM

Same here. I was very disappointed when "Beautiful Itineraries" came instead of Bell'Italia. I also subscribe to "Italy Italy" and "Gambero Rosso." Very good publications. I've picked up a few copies of "Italia!" at Barnes and Noble but it's geared toward English people looking to purchase property in Italy.

jbee May 20th, 2005 10:06 AM

I read through the rest of BI last night and I was disappointed. I don't think it's your imagination, cruiseluv, the quality of the pictures is definitely lower in BI. :(

Grinisa -
Thanks for the suggestions on other magazines. I guess we'll look for something else to get our Italy fix!

LUAnnski May 20th, 2005 01:55 PM

I get this magazine also and am very disappointed that it has expired. I really don't like the idea of a magazine that covers something other than what I wanted in a magazine in the first place. The fact that it had some coverage of Italy is not enough for me. Why don't they publish an English version anymore? This may be a good opportunity to get the Italian version and look at the pictures even if I don't understand all of the Italian.
Louise

jbee May 20th, 2005 02:20 PM

Louise-
That was my thought, but I think the Italian edition is quite pricey because it's published in Italy, then shipped here. I'm going to look into it, though- I'll let you know what I find. If you look into it before I do, let me know what YOU find! :)

cruiseluv May 20th, 2005 02:32 PM

Jbee,

PLEASE if you find any info let us know. I take italian classes and once my teacher brought an issue of the magazine in Italian. I'm going to ask her to lend me the magazine so I can see subscription info.

cruiseluv May 20th, 2005 02:38 PM

You can subscribefor the italian version through Amazon.com for $102 per year( 12 issues) shipping included. For $133 you can get Bell'italia and Italy Italy.

B_itineraries May 26th, 2005 08:13 AM

Hell everyone, on behalf of Beautiful itineraries magazine allow me to apologize for the poor quality in the last issue. I want to assure you that we are still using the same photographers as we did with bell italia, we are also dissapointed with the quality of the photos, however there were problems with the printer of the magazine and for that our phots suffered.

As far as changes of the magazine bell italia, Beautiful Itineraries still has the same amount of features on Italy as Bell'Italia the differance is that Beautiful Itineraries has an added feature of a european destination.

Thank you all for being so patient, and for sharing your love of Italy with ours.

Carta_Pisana May 26th, 2005 09:27 AM

Not only was the print quality of the magazine bad but the photo themselves seemed third rate - almost like someone took them while on vacation. Hopefully you'll get it together for the next issue.