No can do Spain in May..other best time?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:59 AM
geez

No can do Spain in May..other best time?

Plans for our May trip to Spain have been messed up as our travelling companions cannot go in May due to work committments. I don't want to go in April because of Easter and all that goes with it in Spain. June, July and August are out too. So I guess we're left with March or September or October. Does anyone have any reasons why one of these months would be better than another? Or should we ditch our friends and pick our own time!!! (kidding)

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Sue

My husband and I went to Spain for the very first time in March of 2000. We traveled to numerous cities and found the weather to be very comfortable and not hot at all.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:45 AM
gail

I've been to Spain three times in March, the first to Segovia and Cordoba, the other two exclusively Andalucia. The weather was perfect all 3 times, lemon and orange trees flowering, warm days (70s) and cool nights (sweater or light jacket). If you want to swim, it's probably not warm enough but if you like walking around and not sweating, it's great. Also the rates are lower since it's not high season.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Daniel

Depends where you want to go. Most of Spain is green in March, but dry in September and October.
The weather is usually better and warmer in the fall.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:43 AM
lizbeth

First trip to Spain was in last week of October and first week of November, traveling from Barcelona down the coast and then inland towards Granada. Weather was transitional, sometimes cool/rainy and other times sunny warm afternoons. I thought it was an ideal time to go - not beach weather, but comfortable and uncrowded.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 11:29 AM
lisa

We honeymooned in Andalucia in Sept. 2000. I thought the weather was perfect and the crowds were low everywhere we went (even the Alhambra wasn't crowded). It was warm enough to lie by the pool in Estepona, but cool enough at night to need a sweater over your shoulders.