Nissan Primera or Micra

Apr 19th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Nissan Primera or Micra

I am about to rent a car from AutoEurope and need an automatic transmission. Choice appears to be Nissan Micra or Primera. My driving will be just a couple of daytrips from Florence, in May. Quesion: Is the Primera too big for local streets? My concern is that the Micra will not be powerful enough for hills. I plan to drive by myself.

Thx/M
Apr 19th, 2003, 02:09 PM

the hills are not that great that you need to worry about power....generally the smallest car that you can get works the best in italy, especially in town where the parking is limited and areas are very small....i do not know either of those cars, but you will be very pleased with autoeurope
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Ian

Mallory

We had a Primera from AE last June. Good size - not too big for small town roads & yet powerful enough to have passing power & good luggage space.

It cruised very nicely at 130 kms/hr on the Autostrada & tackled the mountains of the Amalfi coast with ease.

Ian
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:31 PM

If the nissan micra is the same as the one they tried to sell here for a few years, it is tiny.

If parking is hard to find, two average guys could carry it upstairs into the hotel room and park it next to the tv.

Should get good gas milage though.....
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help folks. Sounds like the Primera is the one for me.

M
Apr 19th, 2003, 07:16 PM

I am concerned that the Nissan Micra is too small to be safe. The Primera is not too big but you may have to forfeit a few parking spaces that you see.

If you are American, the Primera is sold in the USA as the Infiniti G20 in the late 90's. Since then, the design has changed, but I think the cheapest Infiniti is still based on the Primera. I don't read too much about cars so others may know more.