Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Nightlife/Nighttime and Taxis in Italy
Notices

Nightlife/Nighttime and Taxis in Italy

Apr 3rd, 2014, 08:47 PM
Original Poster

Nightlife/Nighttime and Taxis in Italy

My girlfriends and I are making stops in Venice, Florence, Rome and Positano.

So far, I've noted Trastevere as being the popular neighborhood for nightlife in Rome. What, if any, are the popular nightlife neighborhoods n the rest of our destinations?

And, more importantly, if my girlfriends and I are hanging out late and want to get back to our place, is it safe to walk north toward Prati or how easy it is to catch taxis?

Thank you in advance.
Apr 4th, 2014, 03:05 AM

It is safe, with the usual caveat that if you are tipsy, it is safer for women or anybody to take a cab at night in a strange city. Rome is full of blind alleys, in particular parts of Trastevere and the areas between it and Prati. Taxis are usually difficult to find in Rome so the norm is to ask someone to call one for you if you don't have your own cell and don't speak Italian. Bar owners will do that for you.

Even if you are all stone cold sober, if you decide to walk from Trastevere to Prati, take the most populous route, rather than constantly skirt the river. Cross over the river using the Ponte Garibaldi and head for the piazza Navona and then up to Prati from there.

Don't know about the other places.

Search this Thread