Reload this Page >

Night Train Warsaw to Prague

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 1999, 10:05 AM
Mark

Has anyone taken an overnight train (using sleeping compartment) from Warsaw to Prague? Would appreciate either positive or negative experiences.

Old Sep 22nd, 1999, 11:41 AM
Gino

Hi Mark, <BR>I have taken the overnight train from Warsaw to Poland twice. Except for the fact that you'll be awakened twice around 3a.m., for Passport checks,when you reach the Czech border. Once by the Polish and once by the Czech border guards. Other than that, it is a pleasant ride, no different than western Europe trains. Train arrives early in the a.m.for full day's enjoyment of Prague. When in Warsaw, we checked our baggage in the train station's lockers and picked them up again prior to boarding the train. This way we didn't have the hassle about what to do with our baggage after checkout from our hotel and used the entire day for hands free sightseeing. If you need any info regarding Poland, let me know. My wife and I have been there three times and loved it.

Old Sep 22nd, 1999, 12:27 PM
Adrian

Hi Mark, <BR> I literally just flew back from Warsaw.Over two weeks I travelled from Warsaw to Krakow, on to Prague, then back to Warsaw, all by sleeper train.While overall I had a great time the sleeper trains were a low point.Stuffy,cramped,and if travelling alone or in a group of an uneven number,you'll probably end up sharing a double bunk room with a stranger,even when travelling first class. <BR>The toilets are foul,and bring your own toilet paper,(ideally take some immodium beforehad !!). <BR>Be sure to bring water,and food if you fancy a midnight snack. <BR>Having said all that,I would still say use the service.The time keeping was very good and if like me you're short on time it really does maximise your active daylight hours. <BR>As an aside,if you get the chance,visit Morgans Pub in Warsaw.Your liver may never be the same again.....