Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Night train from Barcelona to Paris - where can I store my luggage for the day in Barcelona?

Night train from Barcelona to Paris - where can I store my luggage for the day in Barcelona?

Feb 6th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Night train from Barcelona to Paris - where can I store my luggage for the day in Barcelona?

We are planning on taking the night train from Barcelona to Paris and need a secure, convenient place to store our luggage during the day of our departure. Any suggestions and/or first hand experience? Thank you.
Feb 6th, 2004, 07:40 AM

I believe there are attended baggage check areas in all Barcelona stations. If I have read the website correctly, the are generally open from 6or 7 am to 10:30 pm or 12 midnight. Take a look at renfe.es for info; click on Journeys and then Stations, and look at info for each station in Barcelona.
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:17 AM

There are luggage lockers at Barcelona Sants station and at many other spanish stations. There are also some at the Estacion Maritima used by overnight ferries to Mallorca, Ibiza, etc; this is near the lower end of Las ramblas.
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:35 AM

Hotels almost always will keep luggage for you after your departure. Unless your hotel is in an inconvienient spot, I would leave it there, then pick it up on the way to the station.
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:28 PM
JonJon

Agree with the above..either store it at the hotel or take it over to the Sants station (which is the one you'll be leaving from) and store it in the luggage room there which should be open when your train leaves..what??? between 7-9PM, right? Enjoy your trip.

Search this Thread