Search

Night Palatino train paris to florence

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Palatino train paris to florence

DEAR FODORITES,

My wife and I are trying to book the " Palatino " Artemisia night train - first class double sleeper -from Paris on 8 December 08 one way to Florence overnight.
The ticket comes up as " 1st class double 280 Euro Coach 93 Upper - Seat 65 and Coach 93 lower - Seat 61".

I assume that's confiming it is a private 2 sleeper cabin, but does it mean the seats [ 61 and 65 ]are not together in the lounge area?

I've had a look at the excellent "seat 61 website " but can not find an answer.

PLEASE HELP.

THANKYOU IN ADVANCE.
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM

This probably won't help you, but I tried and tried to find the best way to book an overnight Paris to Florence and not only was it expensive, but I couldn't find a way to insure that we had a first class sleeper--very confusing.

So, I booked flights on Air France Paris to Venice! Cost was less than half of the train and we'll be there in about an hour and a half. After a few days we're taking the train to Florence.

Good luck!
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 05:26 AM

I THINK you will have a private sleeper compartment where the seats will be converted into your beds - there is not a separate lounge area. I'm not 100% sure - we have done night trains several times and often the seat read outs don't seem to be quite what I am expecting (like why aren't your seats 65 and 61 sequential) but when we get to the train, they end up being what we wanted. Where are you booking this? RailEurope? I am wondering if you might be able to do better with the price - you might try calling BETS - let me try to find that number and post it.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM

BETS - the website is www.budgeteuropetravel.com - you can find their phone number there and call them - they are very helpful and knowledgeable. Also the french rail site snfc? may offer special deals = this past summer we took a night train from Barcelona to Paris for 69E per person when we booked online - we thought that was a great deal.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

MelJ Hmmmmm your idea is indeed tempting. I will look into it. thankyou.

suec 1 .
I'm using www.tgv-europe.com/
I agree 65 and 61? Why? That threw me.I'll try BETS now and then decide.

Great assistance . Thankyou all once again.

Old Oct 4th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Ive worked it out.
On the Palotino night train the sleeper compartments will sleep either 2 or 3 . As we are booking 2 the numbering is 61 and 65 [ top bunk and bottom bunk - with no middle bunk ] . If we were booking 3 then all 3 bunks would be opened and the numbering would be 61, 63 and 65.