night clubs/strip clubs in London?

Mar 10th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Mr P

night clubs/strip clubs in London?

I'll be spending a week in London with my brother. I am interested in finding out about quality (safe/fun) night clubs. Also, are strip clubs scattered around like they are here in the Atlanta area, and are they safe? We are 28 and 31 year old male heterosexuals that enjoy things like Bourbon Street in New Orleans. Thanks in advance for any help!

Mar 11th, 2002, 06:05 AM
topping

Mar 11th, 2002, 07:16 AM
fyi

Saw something on TLC or some other channel that there is such a place in a suburb of London. The reason it made the news was something about its use of its own fake pounds. Patrons traded real pounds for the club's pounds.

Mar 11th, 2002, 07:17 AM
fyi

Also, Rick Steves says there are a lot of "shows" like this in Soho, but he warns against them as being scams.

Mar 12th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Annie

Mr P

Your best bet would be somewhere like Stringfellows - an upmarket 'lap-dancing' club, if there is such a thing! It is owned by an eccentric englishman called Peter Stringfellow, who thinks he is God's Gift, but is really just a dirty old man!

However, there are so many better things to see and do in London, why fritter your hard earned cash on glorified prostitutes! This scene is not as acceptable in the UK as it maybe is in the states - I know we have a reputation for being a little reserved, but English girls aren't cool about guys who frequent strip joints - they tend to have the reputation of being members of the 'dirty mac brigade' who can't get a girl unless they pay one!

Have fun and good luck! I just hope you don't get ripped off - it's common practice in this type of establishment over here!

Mar 12th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Tracy

Hey Mr P,

TimeOut might be able to help you:

http://www.timeout.com/london/ent/

Buy a copy of their weekly lisitings magazine when you hit the ground here; complete details plus adverts for the kinda stuff you guys want to find...
HTH!