Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

night between granada & seville: cordoba or carmona?

Old Jan 30th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a week in mid-March to travel to Andalucia (our first trip there), flying into Malaga and out of Seville. We're planning 3 nights in Granada (Casa Morisca) and 3 nights in Seville (Casas de la Juderia); and we have one night in between. Where to stay over? From Granada, we plan to travel to Cordoba and spend a day there- so the question is, should we stay overnight in Cordoba (Hotel Lola), or after visiting Cordoba, travel to Carmona and spend one night in the Parador there, before heading to Seville?
Thanks in advance, all you experienced Andalucia travelers, for your advice!
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 04:12 AM

Stay in Cordova, and stop in Carmona on your way to Seville. Cordova is a beautiful city with lots to offer, more so than Carmona.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Viajero2, thanks for your quick reply!
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 12:08 AM

The parador in Carmona is wonderfull, the view from the veranda is breathtaking and the restaurant in it is very good. The town is surprisingly interesting, with a lot of patios and a nice central plaza. We spent most of the day in magnificent Cordoba and got to Carmona late afternoon and left regretfully on the next noon.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 12:51 AM

I love the parador in Carmona too - in fact we got engaged there last August so it has many happy memories. Carmona is a lovely little town. I would highly recommend it!
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 01:02 AM

I was just in Cordoba..stayed at the Conquistador..great location. Churraskos a good place for dinner. Liked Cordoba. Was in southern Spain and also Portugal for a month. Did Seville alone and did Granada and an overnight at Jaen Paradore and then on to Cordoba. Had a base apartment on coast between Estepona and San Pedro.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 04:57 AM

Because you will be staying in cities and will visit Cordoba from Granada, I recommend Carmona. We absolutely loved Andalucia, especially Seville. Have a wonderful time.
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:33 AM

by staying overnight in carmona, you will arrive more relaxed for your three days in sevilla, instead of arriving after a tourstop.
just my input.
precisely since carmona is just such an easy town to deal with, and the parador is so lovely.. even arriving there in the dark will not be a problem at all.